About Stormy Weather Players
- Bring quality theatre and other performing arts to Cornwall and the surrounding communities.
- Include All volunteers with various levels of experience to help create the theatre experience.
- Foster and encourage appreciation and knowledge of "The Arts."
- Bring community awareness of the enormous amounts of talent in Cornwall and the surrounding areas.
- To be a place for actors, directors, playwrights, designers, choreographers and musicians of all ages and experience levels to sharpen their craft.
- Focus on the intent of the Playwright while entertaining and challenging the audience.
Stormy Weather Players, Inc., is a not-for-profit theater organization started by Kathy Foote in 2000. Our 1st production (in our 1st season 2000-2001) was The (Female) Odd Couple, followed by the 1st Annual Pregnant Chad, a new plays festival, and "The Crucible". With the success of the Chad, the group focused much of its energies into the festival. The 2nd Annual Pregnant Chad and the play, "Private Wars" were all performed at The Storm King School in Cornwall on Hudson, NY in 2002. The following year the Chad moved to The Big Apple where the group staged the Chad off-Broadway, just north of Times Square at The Actors Theatre in the heart of Manhattan. In 2004 we brought the festival back to the Hudson Valley and performed at Kowawese Unique Area at Plum Point in New Windsor, NY overlooking the scenic Hudson River.
Our current executive board of directors include: Chuck Wipplinger, President; Wynn Klosky, Vice President; Vicky Cooper, Treasurer; Mike Sweeny, Secretary.